This feature is available in Evergreen version 2.2.
The auto suggest feature suggestions for completing search terms as the user enters his search query. Ten suggestions are the default, but the number of suggestions is configurable at the database level. Scroll through suggestions with your mouse, or use the arrow keys to scroll through the suggestions. Select a suggestion to view records that are linked to this suggestion. This feature is not turned on by default. You must turn it on in the Admin module.
Table of Contents
- Enable this Feature
- Use this Feature
Enable this Feature
1) To enable this feature, click Admin → Server Administration → Global Flags.
2) Scroll down to item 10, OPAC.
3) Double click anywhere in the row to edit the fields.
4) Check the box adjacent to Enabled to turn on the feature.
5) The Value field is optional. If you checked Enabled in step 4, and you leave this field empty, then Evergreen will only suggest searches for which there are any corresponding MARC records.
If you checked Enabled in step 4, and you enter the string, opac_visible, into this field, then Evergreen will suggest searches for which there are matching MARC records with copies within your search scope. For example, it will suggest MARC records with copies at your branch.
6) Click Save.
Use this Feature
1) Enter search terms into the basic search field. Evergreen will automatically suggest search terms.
2) Select a suggestion to view records that are linked to this suggestion.
Author: Sally Fortin, Equinox Software